Monday, September 28, 2009

Observe and Love


A question was posed to me and it was, "Do you observe more or judge more?" I would have to say that the two go hand in hand for me. First I observe then the judgment automatically comes. Judging is automatic in most people because it has been programmed in the mind to do so. It takes an enormous amount of will to change that programming. I know this because I am trying to do it. I have learned judging serves no real purpose especially when one is judging another human being. It is not my place to be that person's critic. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone goes through difficult times, everyone has a bad day and everyone is just trying to make it on this planet like I am. Don't we judge ourselves enough? It's either I'm too fat, too thin, too tall, too whatever. I believe if we spent less time judging others and ourselves, we would find an abundant amount of love everywhere. So my new motto I tell myself when I find that critical voice trying to hedge her way in is, "I now know that it is far better to observe and love than it is to observe and judge."

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment