Monday, October 12, 2009

God Has Your Back


There are these incredulous memories that seem to arise in certain times of absolute belief where I know without a doubt God is watching over me and has always been watching over me. Have you ever said to yourself, "Wow, I don't know how I made it out of that situation alive?" or "I can't believe I didn't get a ticket," or even "How did I get this job?" They are questions or statements of disbelief and not until something else occurs do you realize the "why" of it all. There are plenty of times when I should have gotten into serious trouble but did not; times when I cheated, times when I stole, and other terrible times that I would rather forget about because they serve no reflection of who I am today.

There was a time I was supposed to pick up my father but fell asleep on my couch and only when I woke up and left to pick him up late did I find out there was a huge explosion on the freeway because a gas truck had crashed and blew up. After watching the news, I discovered the accident happened the same time I was supposed to be on the freeway near the exit I always took to pick up my father. Then there was the time I got a job, the most I'd ever been paid, right before I was about to be evicted. I have plenty of these types of stories where the ending could have been much worse had someone not been looking out for me.


I've been reading a book by William Thomas Tucker called Miracles Made Possible and what I realize is that when you are in the midst of the storm, which in fact is when miracles or divine intervention occur, you don't ever realize it until later. In the middle of a crisis you can do nothing except worry. It's hard not to; although with faith it can be done. During my reflection, there are times where I know God saw the storm coming and instead of me going it alone, it was as if He said, "It's okay. You sit back, relax and don't worry. I got this. I got your back." And when that realization occurs it is incredibly humbling...God has my back!! To come to a point in your life and realize you are loved so much more than you will ever know elicits feelings beyond words. And a mere "Thank You" does not seem like enough for such a grand gesture but I believe it's just what God is looking for...a little acknowledgment and of course BELIEF; not only in Him but in everyone, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment